[Chieko belongs to @autumnpigmy and all images are original - please don't copy her!]
[Well, except for Chieko's left leg. That was copied and pasted off Sayori.]
[Also, Chieko has a fanfiction on Wattpad! It's here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/162779481-chieko-a-doki-doki-literature-club-fanfiction
If you don't like spoilers, don't read past the 'Backstory' section.]
Chieko has long and curly hair, half of which is tied in twin buns on top of her head. She does not wear hair accessories because they break when she tries to fit them over her thick hair. Her eyes are gold and are the same shape as Yuri's.
Chieko wears white knee-highs with pink-tipped uwabaki slippers, and she wears the blazer buttoned up. Outside of school, she wears a black hoodie with a Cheshire cat print, paired with pink shorts.
Chieko is shown to be a relatively shy character, and she has trouble expressing her emotions. However, if the player chooses to spend time with her, she opens up and becomes confident in her words and actions. She later reveals to the player that she is only shy around Monika. This is because of her fear of not being able to measure up to Monika's own personality.
She is very unorganised and is a bit of a scatterbrain, which is ironic considering she starts acts 1, 2 and 4 as co-President with Monika. She is also easily bored and does not commit to anything she finds uninteresting.
Chieko has a very observant and analytical mind, and she often knows before anyone else when something is wrong. She is a very intelligent person, and she has many good ideas, but she has trouble turning her thoughts into words and so keeps many of her observations to herself. Chieko's name, meaning child of wisdom, reflects this.
Chieko is part dandere, part kuudere.
Monika has been Chieko's best friend since grade school. Chieko comments that Monika practically adopted her when they were small. She also says that Monika's always been the shining star in their duo.
Sayori was in Chieko's first-year class, however they didn't talk much. Until Chieko has an emotional breakdown and storms out of the clubroom, Sayori has hardly anything to do with Chieko.
Natsuki, to Chieko, is not much more than the cute and sassy girl in the club. While they can get along, they don't have much to do with each other.
Yuri and Chieko have very similar interests, and they have known each other since high school. However, both girls' shyness combined with Chieko's high school crush on Yuri prevents them from becoming friends.
The Protagonist had never met Chieko before joining the Literature Club. Depending on his actions, Chieko can think of him as a mystery, a good friend or another obstacle in her path towards courage.
Chieko's mother, Kaori, became pregnant when she was raped during a vacation in Australia. The father was placed under a restraining order for the lifetime of the child.
Kaori raised Chieko as a single mother. When the child support funds ran out, Kaori taught Chieko how to live on her own while she was at work. The two do not spend much time together, but Kaori makes a point on trying to spend time with her daughter on weekends. They have board game tournaments most Saturdays, and Kaori takes Chieko out to their favorite cafe on Sundays.
While Chieko is sometimes curious about her father, she hates him with a passion and hopes she never has to meet him.
Act One - The story is relatively normal, but with the addition of Chieko. Her route on Day Two includes the player escorting Chieko to her locker to find a book, and on Day Three the player helps her organize it. At the end of Day Three Chieko suffers an emotional breakdown and quits from her role as co-President. Sayori is elected as Vice President the next day.
On the last day, when the protagonist leaves to find Sayori, Chieko follows him. She stays outside Sayori's house while he looks for her, and when the act ends, Chieko experiences an odd occurence - like a cut scene between then and the beginning of Act Two.
Act Two - When Act Two begins, Chieko is confused as to how she got from Sayori's house to outside of her own. Her memories from Act One have not been removed because she is semi-aware - which is due to her incomplete Presidency in the previous act.
When Monika tries to edit Chieko's file to make her undesirable, she chooses to amplify her lack of courage. Monika does not realize that Chieko is only shy around her, so if the player chooses to spend time with her, he will see past Monika's attempts to change her. If this happens, Monika will grow to despise Chieko and become so overpowering that Chieko is forced to resign from presidency.
After Yuri kills herself, Chieko will return on Saturday to find something she had forgotten. When she sees Yuri lying on the ground, she repeats "c2hlIHdpbGwgZGVzdHJveSB1cyBhbGwgb25lIGJ5IG9uZQ" 3 times before her normal reaction kicks in. When this is decoded from its base64 format, it reads: "she will destroy us all one by one".
Easter Eggs: If the poster in the back of the room changes to a picture of Sayori hanging, it will disappear on Day Two due to Chieko taking it.
Act Three - Chieko does not appear in this act due to being deleted, but Monika has a few things to say about her.
- "You know, when I was little, I used to think Chieko was shy."
- "But it turned out she was only quiet around me."
- "You know she's bisexual, right?"
- "For a while...I thought she had a crush on me..."
- "...And that she was only acting romantic around you to hide her feelings towards me."
- "But of course I was wrong...She was just scared of me being better than her."
- "I mean, I can't blame her."
- "I was really popular, and she wasn't."
- "I don't mean to be rude about it. It's true."
- "Anyway, none of that matters now. She doesn't even exist anymore."
- "I suppose I miss her a little bit...even though she was never real in the first place."
- "Remember the Sunday before Sayori killed herself?"
- "I mean, of course you do. You'd be a horrible person to forget that."
- "And I know you can't be a horrible person. Ahaha~"
- "Chieko was talking to me over video chat before I had to help Sayori with the posters..."
- "I tried to apologize to her for what happened...But she just ignored me."
- "She said she hated me for making her feel so bad."
- "I didn't even do anything. It was just her insecurity playing up."
- "I know I can be a little overpowering at times..."
- "...But because she was really shy and scared around me, that stopped her from being a good President."
- "I tried to give her stuff to do at first, but she did it so badly I'd have to take over for her."
- "The club needed at least one good President."
- "She couldn't be, so I was."
- "And she hated me for that."
- "I don't think I'll ever understand why."
- "Oh well, at least I have you, [player]. And I know you won't hate me."
- "...Won't you?"
- "I think Chieko had an idea as to what was going on when I messed with the game."
- "She somehow managed to retain her memories from before Sayori killed herself."
- "...She figured out that Sayori had somehow been removed..."
- "...Of course, that was my fault, but she didn't know that."
- "You know, when we were all sharing poems, Chieko gave me a note instead."
- "I think you might have gotten that note too."
- "The one about how someone was gonna disappear before the festival?"
- "She really did trust me, even though she hated me."
- "Maybe she didn't mean it...?"
- "Anyway, why did she choose me to give that note to?"
- "Why not Natsuki?"
- "Why not Yuri?"
- "Maybe she knew there was something bigger behind the two of us..."
- "I'm not that bad at covering up my tracks, am I?"
- "Anyway! It doesn't matter. The past is in the past."
- "And I want to enjoy the present with you~"
[There is a fairly high chance that Act Four's plot will change in the future.]
Act Four - If the player chooses to restore Chieko manually, she will become the President. Chieko reveals to the player that she is self-aware, but she swears never to be selfish like Monika was. She tries her best to allow the game to be exactly what it was meant to be. To make sure that the player makes someone else happy, Chieko removes her own route. Depending on who the player chooses to spend time with, Chieko will offer advice to help that person be as happy as possible.
Easter Eggs: The first time the player tries to restore Chieko, a box similar to Monika's "Please stop playing with my heart" will appear, however the text will read "ZG9uJ3QgYnJpbmcgaGVyIGJhY2sgc2hlJ2xsIHJ1aW4gZXZlcnl0aGluZw". When this is decoded from its base64 format, it reads "don't bring her back she'll ruin everything". There is a 20% chance that when the player presses "OK" that a glitched version of Chieko will appear on the title screen. When the player tries to restore Chieko again, the box will not appear, and she will be successfully restored.
There is a 5% chance that Chieko's route will not be removed, and if the player chooses to spend their time with Chieko, she will delete herself and trigger the F-O-R-E-V-E-R ending.
Align, Awake, Background, Believe, Camera, Chill, Closer, Cloudy, Contemplate, Crystal, Depth, Empathy, Fantasy, Finale, Forbidden, Golden, Horizon, Hum, Leadership, Morning, Moonlight, Mountain, Open, Photo, Puzzle, Realize, Reflect, Scent, Shelter, Shimmer, Silence, Scent, Thought, View, Will, Zen
Interests and Skills
Chieko's skills are very widespread, but they tend to be creativity- or logic-oriented.
Some of her skills include:
- Wood carving
- Crossword puzzles
Chieko only has a few interests, since her interests tend to be short-lived.
Her main interests are:
- Crossword puzzles
- Board games